IACSP CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
Breakaway – Practical Crime Safety
Duration: Half Day Program
We believe in giving people the ability to protect what they value most – themselves and their loved ones. Citizens are not always aware of the dangers that surrounds them and are not prepared to defend themselves. The IACSP Practical Crime Safety training program provides tools and techniques in addressing the threats posed by criminals threatening the daily lives of citizens.
The aim of the program is to educate people on how to avoid from becoming victims of crime and how to evade and handle physical attacks and aggressive types of violence. Anyone can protect themselves and their loved ones without the risk of getting hurt in the process.
What is Breakaway and How Does it Work?
“Breakaway – Practical Crime Safety” creates awareness, and sharing of expertise and knowledge about crime safety by offering practical tools for protection to the public. Violence increases by the day, even in areas that used to be safe. Every person can be a victim of attack and certain groups have a higher risk.Combine this motive with unawareness and thus unpreparedness and we have a recipe for disaster.
Topics covered are:
- Safety for your home, and neighbourhood and also how you would handle an intruder into your home.
- Online safety, Bank safety, Mobile phone safety (Current cyber crime techniques, Bank scams and also current mobile phone scams)
- Public place safety( eg. How to identify 2 way mirrors in public toilets especially for women and also how to identify potential threat in public spaces)
- Safety in public (eg. When you get in a taxi, elevator, while jogging or walking)
- Personal belongings(eg. How do you carry your handbag, wallet, laptop bag)
- Driving (eg. How should you park you car and why? what are the current car theft techniques)
- What do you do if you are attacked?
- What do you do if you are witnessing a crime?
What you will learn:
- Easy & Effective – Breakaway Techniques are extremely easy to learn and effective when put to use.
- No physical injuries – you and your attacker will not be injured in the process of you breaking away as this technique does not involve hitting or grabbing.
- Practicality – you will learn the most practical and easy way to escape or out- manoeuvre yourself when you are grabbed or choked.
We place more emphasis on the psychological and emotional preparation that is needed in order to calmly face these types of encounters.
Practicing the techniques alone is not enough, participants need to be mentally and emotionally prepared and react accordingly when faced with danger. During an attack our emotions tend to go out of control. To avoid that, we will put participants through stages of psychological and emotional scenarios to prepare them.
Participants will be given scenarios to practice how to escape from a grab of an attacker while being pulled down.
We would like to emphasize that our techniques requires “NO physical force”.
At the end of the programme, participants shall be able to:
- Understand current crime techniques.
- Focus on using the subconscious mind to help reduce victimization.
- Understand the differences between reacting to crimes and seeking to prevent them from occurring.
- Employ personal safety techniques that can reduce the likelihood of victimization.
- Learn how to escape without physical force.
- To maintain public awareness of crime at public areas/home and provide preventive safety measures to reduce crime.
Participation for workshop is open to both men and women age 18 and above.
Each session will be conducted by 1 Head trainer and 2 assistant trainers.
Female assistant trainers will be present during each session to assist the female participants.
TRAINING IN PRACTICE