The Certified Anti-Terrorism Professional (CATP) is a comprehensive training program with specific focus on Anti-Terrorism Methodologies and Measures. The course examines terrorist networks, their affiliates, including hierarchical structure, ideology, goals, capabilities and methods utilised for training, funding, gathering intelligence, operational phases of a terrorist attack and the process of target selection. The program will also examine behavioral indicators and methodologies associated with and used by terrorist groups with the phenomenon of suicide attacks and improvised explosive devices (IED).
The modules of the CATP were provided in the training of the New York Police Department (NYPD) and the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) following the 911 attacks and within the ASEAN region. The CATP is now available with an updated version and curriculum to security professionals to learn what law enforcement and militaries know in order to mitigate and counter the threats. The program provides information, resources and recommendations covering all of the key areas related to a terrorist threat. Armed with this understanding of terrorism, as a social reality and as a general phenomenon, participants will be able to apply the techniques to counter the evolving threats within their environment.
Dealing with terrorism has become the centerpiece of all governments globally today. Yet,terrorism, its definition, causes, and methods of dealing with it have rarely been dealt with by the international community. This course will assist participants in identifying and understanding the threats posed by terrorism. The current threats of new and emerging groups are evolving at a rapid pace. The course is a guide to help participants to widen their views and understanding about the basic concepts of terrorism and to define the threats after the 911 attacks.
Participants attending the course will acquire the following skills and competencies:
- To recognize risks associated with contemporary terrorism including an understanding of contemporary terrorist threats.
- To identify general security requirements essential to reducing terrorism related risk and assessing risk associated with ideological beliefs utilizing management principles.
- To address counterintelligence principles to impair terrorists’ ability in implementing potential attacks.
- To gain appropriate sound information of security principles, recognizing possible intelligence, and investigating and analyzing trends.
- To identify the needs to counter the threat and a general understanding of terrorism.
- Recognize, define and understand core issues of terrorism.
- Gain working knowledge of key elements of the content identified as critical
- Recognize multiple varieties of terrorism tactics.
- Identify security requirements essential to reducing terrorism related risk.
- Identify, recognize and respond to terrorist incidents to design facility level security response plans.
- Recognize risk associated with contemporary terrorism.
- Design performance-based physical security program for standard operations procedures.
The Certified Anti-Terrorism Professional (CATP) is a 4-day program that includes a certification test. The course is designed to prepare security professionals as well as law enforcement and security agencies to understand and address the threats associated to terrorist operations. The CATP program provides a detailed exploration of contemporary terrorism, methods and essential skills and knowledge that is needed to curtail the evolving threats. The CATP will provide participants and acquaint them in understanding the threats of terrorism within its structures and to equip security professionals with skills and understand the basic concepts of terrorism and to define the threats. The CATP program provides independent thought analysis and counter intelligence principles to impair terrorist’s ability in implementing potential attacks.
Module 1: Global Overview of Terrorism
- Terrorism – An Introduction
- Terrorist Groups and Affiliates
- Terror Incidents and Impacts
Module 2: Growth, Evolution & Trend in Terrorism
- Evolution In Terrorism
- Outreach of Terrorism
- Cyber Terrorism
- Future of Terrorism
- Terrorism Funding
Module 3: Protective Security
- Personal Protection
- Security Enhancement
- Adaptive Security
- Security, Travel & Emergency Measures
- Terrorist Incident Response
Module 4: Anti-Terrorism Measures
- Anti-Terrorism at National Levels
- Land, Sea & Air
- Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Man, Machine & Method (Infrastructure Protection)
- Predictive Profiling
- Threat-Oriented Passenger Screening Integrated System (TOPSIS)
Module 5: Advance Resilience
- Reinforced Measures
- TRV Assessment Cycle
- CARVER Methodology
- Red Teaming Elements
- Resilience Optimisation
- Table Top Exercises
- Full Troop Exercise
- Group work & Discussions
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Corporate Security Professionals
- Risk & Security Consultants
- Head of Security for Hotels & Shopping Malls
- Aviation Security Personnel (AVSEC)
- Public Transport Agencies
- Private Security Companies
- Armed Forces Personnel
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Maritime & Port Security Personnel
What Will You Receive?
- Attendance Certificate endorsed by IACSP
- 1-Year Free IACSP Membership
- 3-Months Trial of TRAC Terrorist Database
- CATP Course Manual
- Access to Exclusive ASEAN Counterterrorism Network Events
For further enquires, please email email@example.com